Top PMI-ACP Exam Prep Tools

PMP Lessons Learned - 4 Moderately Proficient and 1 Proficient

edited October 2012 in PM Certifications

I woke up to a beautiful Sunday morning, with this message in my mailbox. I edited out the sender's name and location. Hope you find it useful.

----------------------------

Hi Harwinder

Would like to thank you in person, your blog was quite helpful to clarify many doubts in a simple way as you always say. I cleared my PMP on 26th Oct 2012. I applied in December last year scheduled for at least 4 times before attempting couple of days back. Since I studied OK until March 2012, I had to gave up due to some personal reasons. Then I started again around 10th Sept and will say studied moderately. I did about 1000 to 1200 practice questions 2-3 Full time tests (definitely the Lehmann..!!) and spent quite a lot of time post Exam to clarify and consolidate the understanding on incorrect or marked answers. Read Kim Heldman once and PMBOK twice as preparation and during my daily commute used to listen to Kim's Flash Cards. Before the exam I just revised my self notes for 1:30 minutes in the morning and listened to lot of Music and attended my regular work related Calls before to reach to the Prometric Center in XXXXXXXX, XX. During the exam I did mark some of the questions (about 15) but never attempted to change anyone. I did not want to confuse and break the though process as sometimes then you doubt the other areas also which might be OK.
Well this is my side of story, I would say PMP is just not any exam, though my score is not great 4MP + 1P, but I am happy I cleared in first attempt with whatever workload I have currently.

Thanks once again for your contribution to the community and managing your blog like a perfectionist!!

Take care and have a nice day!

XXXXXX

PS: Pl ignore my spelling mistakes if any... :-)