I'm planning to add a new exam to the BrainBOK platform (http://www.brainbok.com) with community-sourced sample questions. Here are some of my initial thoughts:
- The exam will be free for everyone.
- Any one can contribute questions to the exam but the questions must be substantially original.
- Each question would be attributed to the author/contributor with an option for a hyperlink to his/her website or blog or profile page.
- The questions can be reposted to this forum or any other forum for discussion, but the attribution to the original author must be maintained.
- I'll provide a template (as a Google form) to submit the entries.
- We can form a committee of 3-4 certified PMPs who can review / vet the questions before adding them to the question bank.
- I'll take care of uploading the questions to the BrainBOK question bank.
- If the question bank grows to a substantial size, we can turn it into a full-length PMP and CAPM style-exams following PMI's blueprint (exam content outline).
- I can add some 'reward' system for the top-contributor of the week/month etc. We can discuss more about it if there's sufficient interest.
- You'll get to enjoy all the features of a full exam simulator (saving/resuming exams, reviewing past exam history, unlimited number of retakes, online and emailed score reports, marking questions for review, and much more) absolutely free.
- It would be a win-win for all stakeholders (PMP / CAPM aspirants, the contributors, and BrainBOK).
Do you guys think it's a good idea? Would you be interested to contribute and support this initiative?
Please let me know your thoughts, suggestions, comments.